1. What are cookies?
A cookie is a file that is downloaded onto the user’s computer when they access certain websites. Among other things, cookies allow websites to store and gather information regarding a user’s browsing habits or the device they use. Depending on the information they contain and the way in which they are used by the device, cookies may also be used to recognize the user.
2. What are the different types of cookie?
Generally speaking, there are three different categories of cookie:
- First-party and third-party cookies: these may be used depending on the party responsible for managing the domain that issues the cookies and processes the data.
- Session cookies and persistent cookies: these categories relate to how long the cookies remain stored in the user’s browser.
- Technical, personalized, analytical, advertising and behavioural-advertising cookies: these may be used depending on the purpose for which the data obtained is processed.
3. What types of cookie are used on this Website?
Below are the cookies that are used on this Website, along with details of their type and function:
|Type of cookie||Description||Purpose||Third party services|
|Google Analytics||_ga||This cookie generates a unique user ID and records the date and the first and last time the user visited the website. It is used to count the number of times a unique user visits the website.||First party|
|Google Analytics||_gid||This cookie records the time at which the website is accessed, and expires after 24 hours. It is used to calculate the amount of time a user stays on the website.||First party|
|Google Analytics||_gat||This cookie is used to limit the percentage of requests||First party|
4. How are the cookies configured?
If the user wishes to configure, block or delete any cookies that have been stored on their device, they can do so using the tools provided by their browser (these tools are provided by every browser). However, this may limit some of the Website’s functionality.
Below are details of how to configure cookies for the most popular browsers:
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/cookies-information-websites-store-on-your-computer
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201265
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
If this Cookies Policy is modified at any time, Arc Ibérica will post a clearly visible notice on its Website informing users of any changes to the terms and conditions governing the processing of their personal data.